Big Thanks to Buddy Rhodes for this great intro project.
Here’s the excuse you’ve been looking for to get dirty, kill an afternoon and flex your concrete muscle. It only takes a bag of mix, a few colors and some scrap wood. You’ll get a cool paver/mat out of it, not to mention the pride, recognition, and props you have always deserved. If you are needing any pointers or bags of mix come by the shop at 206 W. Main Street or call (423) 290-1180.
So let’s get to it:
1. Grab some leaves, army men, car parts or whatever you think would make a cool design. Get creative.
2. Make a 2′ x 2′ x 1.5″ thick mold out of melamine.
3. Place leaves (or whatever) in the mold.
4. Mix a bag of BR mix with the color of choice and press in a face coat of mix.
5. Once the face has started to stiffen complete filling the mold with mix.
6. Trowel a smooth finish for the back-side.
7. Next day de-mold the piece and remove leaves (or other cool objects)
8. Begin pasting with BR Color Paste. Avoid completely filling in the leaf impression so you have room for additional color.
9. Apply multiple colors of paste for a richer look.
10. Use a set of BR Hand Pads to remove excess paste and an abrasive pad (scotch brite) to get into the leaf details.
To finish: Apply a few coats of BR Satin Sealer and you have a one of a kind custom paver.
Alright, you’re up. When you’re done we expect to see some pics or videos. If want to immortalized on our Facebook for some serious street cred send us some pics or videos. firstname.lastname@example.org